3 Leg Chain Slings - Grade 100
A 3 leg chain sling has three lengths of rugged chain connected to a master oblong at the top. This type of sling is also known as a triple leg chain sling or a 3 leg bridle chain sling chain since this configuration is meant to be used with a bridle hitch with three pick points.
Hook Options for Three Leg Chain Slings
Hooks are fitted on each end, and a hook can also be at the top rather than an oblong link. Hooks should be chosen based on lifting job requirements; options available include grab hooks, self locking hooks, foundry hooks, or sling hooks. Oblongs instead of hooks are also a possible configuration. Contact our sales team to order custom 3 leg lifting slings.
- Sling hook: also known as slip sling hooks, these large throat hooks are commonly used at the ends of chain slings and wire rope. they're typically self-locking to avoid disconnect.
- Self-locking hook: these hooks are designed to pivot in the middle and lock when lifting pressure is applied. They cannot be opened while lifted with your overhead lifting chains.
- Foundry hooks: these are extra-large throat hooks that are used in unique situations that require a larger opening to manage loads.
- Grab hook: these chain sling hooks have a small throat that attaches to the chain by slinging over the chain in-between links.
- Oblong master link: An oblong shaped ring used at the top of chain slings.
3 Leg Chain Capacity
These lifting slings can be used at a 60, 45, or 30-degree angle of lift. Chain capacity for each angle varies by angle of lift and by chain size. See each product above for the various lifting capacities.
3 Leg Lifting Chain by Brand
We offer two trusted brands of lifting chain slings for you to choose from: Crosby and KWB. Both are made using alloy steel chain that's 25% stronger than Grade 80 alloy chain.
Crosby has been a leader in the rigging and lifting industry for years and takes no shortcuts when it comes to manufacturing chain and rigging hardware. The Crosby chain slings we sell are manufactured right here in the USA and are expertly assembled by US Cargo Control.
The chain slings labelled as domestic with Crosby parts are made with Peerless grade 100 chain and Crosby end fittings, master links, and connecting links. Those labelled as Crosby are made from all Crosby components, including the grade 100 chain.
KWB grade 100 3-leg slings have a signal violet varnish coat and a heavy powder coating that helps with corrosion resistance. KWB is a Pewag company, based in Europe. We import and expertly assemble their manufactured chain and end fittings into the high-quality 3 leg chain slings you see here.
Adjustable Lifting Slings
Also available: adjustable triple leg chain slings which have an additional shortening mechanism that allow the user to quickly shorten a length of chain without a reduction in WLL.
Proof testing has been done on every link of chain to ensure its working load limit. To get your custom chain sling tested at the time of manufacture, it must be requested when the order is placed with our sales specialists. For an additional fee, we will proof test your sling and issue a certificate when requested at the time the order is placed.
All of our chain meets or exceeds the latest guidelines of the National Association of Chain Manufacturers (NACM), ANSI B30.9 standards and OSHA specifications.