Tarp Repair Kits
Truck tarps are an important piece of equipment and something operators rely on daily to protect their valuable cargo from the elements. Nothing is worse than finding a rip or a hole in your tarp while on the road and having to worry about the integrity of your flatbed tarp and possible damage to your cargo. A tarp repair kit is a must-have for flatbed trailer operators and is perfect for making emergency repairs on the road.
US Cargo Control’s do-it-yourself tarp repair kits enable you to extend the life of a truck tarp. Easily patch and seal minor rips, holes, and wear marks in the fabric. Each vinyl tarp repair kit has a piece of PVC-coated polyester that can be cut to fit the needed size or shape. Vinyl cement offers a super-strong, waterproof, and flexible bond, plus is highly resistant to temperature and weather extremes.
How to use a tarp repair kit
- Clean the area to be patched thoroughly with rubbing alcohol.
- Cut the patch in a circular or oval shape, approximately 1” to 2” larger than the tear or hole on each side. Square patches tend to disconnect more easily because of the angled/pointed edges.
- Apply vinyl cement to the top side of the tarp and the underside of the patch. Cover the entire patch with the vinyl cement and apply a similarly sized area around the tear on the tarp.
- Wait 2 to 5 minutes to allow the surfaces to become tacky, then place the patch on the tarp. Press evenly and firmly with either your hand or a roller device.
- Tarp can be moved after 5 minutes; for best results, wait 8 hours before use.
These flatbed truck tarp repair kits are available with a 2’ x 2’ square of either black, blue, or red material to blend in with the color of the tarp being fixed. An 8 oz. can of vinyl cement also is included.
We recommend having several kits on-hand so you are ready for any last-minute repairs on the road. Acting at the first sign of damage can prevent it from spreading and limit the chances of a more costly fix or full replacement being necessary.