DIY Installation Video Below
Installing L-Track, or logistic track, on your truck or trailer gives you secure tie down points right where you need them. There are many other benefits to installing L track as a tie-down system, and there are also some key differences between L track and E track.
In the video below, we show you how to install 2" L Track round anchor tie-down points. This installation job is pretty straightforward and shouldn't take more than an hour or two when you have the right tools and proper instructions.
- Cordless Drill with 1/4" Drill Bit
- Philips Screwdriver
- 7/16 Wrench
- Tape Measure
- Sharpie Marker
The 2" Round Anchor Point Tie Down Kit comes with four sets of anchors, bolt plates, rings, and fasteners. In this video, we install two L track anchor points on a truck bed floor and two on the front wall. To install L track tie downs on a trailer, the required steps are essentially the same.
L Track Anchor Point Installation Steps:
- Use a tape measure to determine your install point. Place the anchor in the intended spot and mark both holes using the sharpie.
- Using a cordless drill with 1/4" bit, drill through the truck bed to create the two installation holes.
- Place an anchor over the holes and insert two screws.
- From the underside of the truck, install a bolt plate through the two fasteners then add nuts and tighten with a wrench.
- Once your anchors are tightly secured, you can install the removable tie down ring. Grasp the base of the ring while pushing the center down with your thumb. Slide it into place over the anchor and release to lock it into place.
Tip: To install these L track anchor points in tight spots, like the front wall of a truck bed, it's helpful to hold your wrench on the nuts while you tighten the screws from the other side with a screwdriver.
More L Track Tips
Remember to release and remove your tie down rings if your hauling cargo that doesn't require using your new tie down points. It doesn't take long to remove and replace them, and it will help prevent unwanted damage.
If you'd rather have compact strips of aluminum L-track serve as the anchor for your removable tie-down rings, see our 6-piece 4-inch L Track Tie Down System that works great on enclosed trailer walls as well as truck bed floors and rails. The benefit of this system is that you can quickly and easily adjust where your anchor points sit along the 4-foot rails.
If you're hauling motorcycles and want the ultimate hold on your bike with the versatility of L-track, check out the TrackStar L-track Motorcycle Chock that's light and easy to handle but durable and reinforced with powder-coated tubular steel construction.
For all tie down rail options, see our Airline Track & L-Track Tie Down Rails page.