D-ring parts and accessories allow you to customize your trailer configuration with load-specific trailer tie down anchors.
They have many applications in securing cargo and vehicles for storage or transport, but are most commonly used as tie down anchors.
Choosing the right trailer D-rings for your application depends on the functions required of your trailer - recessed truck tie down rings won't get in the way of rolling cargo on and off your trailer, rotating anchor rings let you work from multiple angles to fit a variety of cargo, and surface-mount D-hooks are great for lightweight cargo and vehicles - easy access to the folding D-rings make quick work of loading and unloading your trailer.
If you don't see the D-ring tie downs you need here, call our product specialists and we will do our best to get you the tie down ring or trailer D-rings you need.
A D-ring is a piece of hardware, generally shaped like the letter D, that is secured to a D-ring strap or directly to the surface of a truck or trailer for use in securing cargo. They come in a variety of materials and styles, each with its own set of advantages.
Aluminum tie down rings, for example, are preferred for high chloride environments because they have better corrosion resistance than steel D-rings.
For larger and heavier cargo, the D-ring should be constructed of steel for strength and durability - these D-rings may also go by the name ring anchor as it is mounted inside a bracket that can be screwed directly to the trailer surface or recessed into the surface to stay out of the way when not in use.
Stainless steel D-rings with clips can be used in situations where the same cargo will be secured in the same position again and again to increase loading efficiency.
- Stainless Steel D-Rings: There are multiple surface treatment options available, including hot dip galvanized steel and zinc plated. Stainless steel D-rings with clips are preferable for heavy loads.
- Forged Steel D-Rings: Heavy-duty unfinished forged steel allows it to be welded in place rather than bolted on.
- Flush Mount D-Rings: Ideal for applications where you will be transporting motorcycles, snowmobiles, and other lightweight vehicles with points for multiple trailer tie down anchors. Stainless steel D-rings are mounted with plastic, zinc or steel pan fittings.
- Recessed D-Ring Fittings: D-rings for trailers need to accommodate all possible uses of your space - if your truck tie down anchors aren't in use 100% of the time, recessed trailer D-rings allow you to embed the fittings below the surface of your trailer walls or truck bed so they're out of the way when not needed.
- Rotating Pan Fitting D-Ring: This trailer D-ring gives you 360 degrees of flexibility for your cargo anchor points. Recess the fitting into the floor or wall of your trailer and it folds out of the way when not in use.
- D-Ring Mounting Brackets: When you need a simple application for D-hooks, a mounting bracket allows you to install cargo anchor points in tighter spaces with a smaller surface area.
- Weld-On D-Ring Mounts: Weldable D-rings are crafted from forged steel with a weld on bracket that allows it to rotate 180 degrees to accommodate many sizes of cargo. Welded rings offers superior strength for heavy loads.
When outfitting a D-ring trailer you may want to consider all possible tie down points and determine if it is most cost effective to buy bulk D-rings to meet all your cargo needs.
Wire and forged steel D-rings for trailers are available in welded wire and forged steel and a variety of sizes from small to large. Break strengths of up to 47,000 lbs. are possible, and bulk purchases are always an option - contact our product specialists for wholesale pricing.
D-rings also come integrated into E-track fittings, working well as a rope tie off in a trailer or bed of a truck.
Questions? Give our sales team a call. They'll be happy to answer any questions you have about products, uses, custom orders, and more.