National Moving Month is in full swing with people and businesses everywhere gearing up for making moves, big and small. Moving is no easy task, and there are many things to consider when taking on this job. This blog is going to focus on some moving supplies that people may not realize are available to help them move, but will help make a move safer and easier.
Moving Supplies that Help Prevent Damage
LacyLacy, a US Cargo Control sales specialist, recommends several products that will help prevent damage during a move. These items include door jamb protectors, door covers, banister covers, and Neoprene floor runners.
- Door Jamb Protectors: Our quilted door jamb protector is an easy and inexpensive way to prevent damage to your belongings and to the doorway. With heavy-duty wire springs and our Performance moving blanket material, the jamb cover stays snug as you move through the doorway. The door jamb protector pad adjusts in height to fit the interior and exterior of almost any door.
- Door Covers: Quilted door covers offer the protection of a quality moving blanket in a design that easily slides on to doors (interior or exterior). Covers the door, front and back, and tightens using Velcro straps.
- Banister Covers: The quilted fabric design of our banister cover has three hook-and-loop straps making it easy to secure to nearly any banister or railing and helps eliminate dings and scratches during a move. The fabric is similar to our popular Supreme moving blanket.
- Neoprene Floor Runners: Floor runners are a carpet-protecting product that offer a layer of protection for floors during a move. They protect carpet, laminate, linoleum, tile, hardwood and other flooring from scratches, marks and dings as well as creating a flat, non-slip surface and can be cut to size.
- Moving blankets are also a great multi-purpose product that will cover and protect your products from damage. Once done with a move, these blankets can be used as a cover for items you have in storage that need protected from elements and outside interference.
Moving Supplies for Wrapping and ProtectingOther items that are important in a move are ones that will help keep belongings wrapped tight and protected from damage or loss by coming loose. These would include products to keep drawers closed and boxes sealed.
- Stretch Wrap: Our blown stretch wrap is high-quality, resisting puncturing and tearing even on sharp corners. Using this wrap is a great way to secure loads both uniformly-shaped and irregularly-shaped.
- Packing Tape: The best way to seal boxes and ensure they stay closed. We offer single rolls, or multi-packs, in 2-inch and 3-inch widths.
- Rubber Moving Bands: These oversize rubber bands safely stretch to double their size to wrap around furniture, appliances, and anything you need to band together to keep safe during a move. Works great to keep drawers closed on dressers and like items.
- Mattress Covers: Keep your mattress clean, dry and protected during a move with this plastic cover. These clear plastic covers add a layer of protection without adding extra weight.