With metal components in our rigging supplies category, you’ll often see the word “forged” or “cast,” but do you know the differences between these two methods of metal working? Cast Metal
- Ideal for pieces that are large, more intricate, or have a design that requires internal cavities.
- Can be used with a wide range of alloy choices.
- Allows for customization since additional alloys such as nickel or chrome, which can be added during the molten stage.
- Can create a smooth or textured finished surface.
- Offers exceptional strength.
- More uniform in structure and shape than cast or machined pieces.
- Eliminates shrinking, tiny air pockets, and porosity because the grain flows of steel remain continuous throughout the piece.
- Excellent at handling impact.