Every long distance driver needs a place to refuel, recharge, and most importantly - a place to feel safe parking. We've compiled a list of truck stops across America that stand out for their secure parking and generous amenities. These are the types of truck stops we need more of across America.
1. Florida 595– Davie, FL Conveniently located at the intersection of I-595 and I-441. With over 450 parking spaces and 24/7 on-site security, you can sleep without worry. The sports bar and chrome shop don't hurt either.
2. Lodi Travel Center– Lodi, OH Reserve one of the almost 250 parking spaces by going to their website. They also have a laundry room, pet area, repair shop, general store, and more. After you eat in the 24-hour restaurant, you can burn some calories playing basketball, horseshoes, or bag toss.
3. Bosselman Travel Center– Grand Island, NE Described as " the most luxurious, full-service travel facility in the Midwest." With over 400 parking spaces, a movie theater, chiropractic office, and masseuse - it may well be.
4. Clearwater Travel Plaza– Clearwater, MN Located just off I-94, 60 miles west of the Twin Cities. This place aims to make you feel at home. You can relax in the drivers' lounge with free wi-fi and flat-screen TVs. They will even deliver food and drink from the restaurant, pub, bakery, or food court – right to your chair.
5. Little America– Flagstaff, AZ Little America is a mini-chain that knows how to treat their guests. Expect a spacious, fenced, and lighted parking area. They also offer hot showers, fine dining, and a 24/7 repair shop.
6. Jubitz Travel Center– Portland, OR Jubitz is just off I-5 at Exit 307. With over 300 parking spaces, showers, oversized towels, and jacuzzi tubs, this place is certainly worth checking out.
7. Johnson Corner Truck Stop- Johnson, CO Located just off I-25 at Exit 254. This historic stop has been open 24 hours a day since 1952. That's the type of dedication to truckers we need more of! They offer overnight parking and cinnamon rolls as big as dinner plates. What more could you ask for?
8. Davis Travel Center– Stony Creek, VA Take Exit 33 off I-95 to get to this spacious travel center. Fuel up your rig, then fuel yourself up at Denny's, Subway, or Starbucks. Overnight parking available.
9. Dysart's Truck Stop– Bangor, ME Family-owned for over 45 years. This place has ample space in their well-lit parking lot. Enjoy authentic Maine cuisine in their restaurant, and de-stress in the arcade room.
10. Iowa 80 Truck Stop– Walcott, IA With over 900 spots, no truck parking list is complete without Iowa 80. The World's Largest Truck Stop. Some call it the "Trucker Disneyland." With eight restaurants, a dentist, museum, and so much more, this place could easily have its own zip code.
11. North Forty Truck Stop– Holladay, TN Take Exit 126 off I-40. In addition to overnight parking and spacious showers, this stop has laundry rooms, a barbershop, and even a masseuse. Also, the 24/7 restaurant has a reputation for making delicious southern comfort food.
12. South of the Border– Hamer, SC Okay, this stop isn't so much about the parking as it is the fun. There's a golf course, reptile lagoon, and 200-foot Sombrero Observation Tower. If you're driving through South Carolina, you must check this place out.