Wire Rope Thimbles from Crosby®
Crosby® wire rope thimbles come in a variety of sizes and finishes to meet your rigging needs. The Crosby Group® has been a leader in the rigging and lifting industry for over a hundred years due to proven quality and innovative performance.
US Cargo Control sells Crosby® rope thimbles in sizes ranging from 1/8" to 2 ¼". The thimble size must correlate to the diameter of the wire rope
If you don’t see the wire rope thimble you need here, check out our full selection of wire rope thimbles
Using a Wire Rope Thimble
Wire rope thimbles are commonly used with wire rope that has been saddled with wire rope clips
. Rope thimbles help naturally guide the wire rope into a curved eye and protect the eye from being crushed. Rope thimbles also reduce wear and extend the life of wire rope by keeping it from making contact with the load it's hoisting.
Wire rope thimbles can also be used to protect the integrity of wire rope slings
The break strength is typically not denoted on wire rope thimbles because pressure on the thimble eye can vary depending on the tension level and the direction the pressure comes from.
Crosby® Wire Rope Thimbles by Material
- Hot Dipped Galvanized Steel Thimble- The standard choice for light duty applications and loading conditions. Hot dip galvanized finish helps deter corrosion.
- Stainless Steel Thimble- The highest level of protection against corrosion and damaging elements. Highest level of strength in a stainless fabrication. Ideal for marine environments and the food processing industry.
- Cast Ductile Iron Thimble- Long lasting thimble with increased fatigue and impact resistance. Some natural corrosion resistance.
Crosby® Rope Thimbles by Style
- Open Pattern Thimble- for light duty use only. The wider opening allows it to be assembled into another fitting, such as a shackle or master link.
- Locking Thimble- uses a tab apparatus that keeps the shackle and thimble assembly intact. This tab also helps prevent quick removal of the shackle.
- Solid Thimble- the more closed design allows for perfect pin fitting of an open wire rope socket, boom pendant clevis, or wedge socket.
If you don't find the wire rope thimble you need, or if you want more information on choosing the right type of rope thimble, call our product consultants toll free at 800-404-7068.
Additional Crosby Rigging Hardware
Because the Crosby Group® is a leading manufacturer of rigging, lifting, and material handling hardware, we are proud to sell a wide selection of Crosby® brand products.
US Cargo Control is your one stop shop for: Crosby® ShacklesCrosby® Lifting Clamps Crosby® Turnbuckles Crosby® Snatch Blocks Crosby® Eye Bolts Crosby® Wire Rope Clips Crosby® Lifting Hooks