Crosby® Wire Rope Clips
Rope Clips from Crosby®
Crosby® wire rope clips, commonly referred to as Crosby® cable clamps, are made in the USA. Due to proven quality and continued innovation, The Crosby Group® has been a leader in the rigging and lifting industry for more than a century.
Hot dip galvanized forged steel rope clips are high strength and provide corrosion resistance.
US Cargo Control sells Crosby® wire rope clips in sizes ranging from 1/8" to 3½".
Efficiency ratings for wire rope end terminations are based on a percentage of the original breaking strength of the wire rope. When using rope clip sizes 1/8" through 7/8", the efficiency rating is 80% the breaking strength of the wire rope. For clip sizes 1" through 3½" it is 90%.
Using Wire Rope Clips
- Wire rope clips are commonly used in wire rope assemblies to clamp the loose end of the rope once it has been looped back to form an eye. Two to three rope clips are generally required to properly secure the wire rope’s end.
- You should never saddle a dead horse. This means the saddle and nuts of the rope clip should never be applied on the dead end of the looped cable. The saddle and nuts should be hugging the live end of the cable.
- Rope clips are not designed for overhead lifting.
- You should always use wire rope thimbles to protect the eye from being crushed and to prevent wear and abrasion on the wire rope.
- The wire rope should be inspected periodically for wear and abuse. Never use a wire rope clip to directly connect two straight lengths of wire rope.
Crosby® Wire Rope Clip Safety Measures
- Each Crosby® wire rope clip is individually tagged or bagged with proper application instructions and warning information.
- For easy identification, each rope clip includes the CROSBY® name (or CG), a Product Identification Code (PIC), and the clip size.
- Crosby® wire rope clips, meet or exceed all requirements set by ASME B30.26, including identification, ductility, design factor, proof load, and temperature requirements.
- Crosby® rope clips also go above and beyond ASME B30.26 by meeting other critical performance requirements including impact properties, fatigue life, and material traceability.
Additional Wire Rope Clip Options
US Cargo Control offers many additional sizes and styles of wire rope clips
including galvanized drop forged rope clips, zinc plated malleable rope clips, stainless steel drop forged rope clips, and more.
Don't see the rope clip you need? Unsure what size or style of rope clip you need? Our product consultants are here to help you get what you want, when you need it. Give us a call toll-free at 800-404-7068
Additional Crosby® Rigging Hardware
Because The Crosby Group® is a leading manufacturer of rigging, lifting, and material handling hardware, we are proud to sell a wide selection of Crosby® brand products.
US Cargo Control is your one stop shop for: Crosby® Shackles Crosby® Lifting Clamps Crosby® Turnbuckles Crosby® Snatch Blocks Crosby® Eye Bolts Crosby® Wire Rope Thimbles Crosby® Lifting Hooks