What are D-Rings and D-Ring Tie Downs?
D-rings and D-ring tie downs are pieces of cargo securing hardware, generally shaped like the letter D. D-rings are either secured to a D-ring tie-down strap or mounted directly to the surface of a truck or trailer. D-ring parts and accessories allow you to customize your truck or trailer configuration with load specific trailer tie-down anchors. D-rings can also go by the name ring anchors, especially when they are mounted inside a pan that can be screwed directly to the truck or trailer or recessed into the surface to stay out of the way when not in use.
US Cargo Control sells forged steel, zinc plated, and stainless steel D-rings and D-ring tie downs in a variety of styles, including: weld on, bracket, recessed, rotating , flush mount, and free floating.
When outfitting a truck or trailer with D-rings you may want to consider all possible tie down points and determine if it is most cost effective to buy D-rings in bulk to meet all your cargo needs.
We can help fulfill bulk purchases - contact our product consultants toll free at 866-444-9900 for D-rings wholesale pricing.
Styles of D-Rings for Trailers and Trucks
Choosing the best D-rings for your specific application depends on the required functions and style of your truck or trailer. While there are many different styles available, the most important aspect is to check working load limits and break strengths in the product specifications.
- Weld on D-Ring Mounts- crafted from forged steel with a weld on bracket that allows the heavy duty D-ring to rotate 180 degrees. Welded rings accommodate many sizes of cargo and offer superior strength for heavy loads.
- Bracket D-Ring Mounts - have a smaller surface area, ideal for tight spaces. With pre-drilled holes, these can quickly be installed onto metal or wooden surfaces of your truck or trailer.
They can be easily unfastened and reused elsewhere when needed.
- Recessed D-Ring Fittings - If your truck or trailer tie down anchors aren't in use 100% of the time, recessed D-ring fittings can be embedded below the surface of your trailer or truck
bed so they're out of the way when not being used.
- Flush Mount D-Rings - ideal for applications where you will be transporting motorcycles, snowmobiles, and other lightweight vehicles with points for multiple trailer tie downs
anchors. D-rings are mounted with plastic, zinc, or steel pan fittings and come with pre-drilled holes.
- Rotating Pan Fitting D-Rings - give you 360 degrees of rotation flexibility for your cargo anchor points. The recessed pre-drilled pans of these D-ring tie downs can go into the floor or wall of your trailer or truck bed and fold away when not in use.
- Free Floating D-Rings - these come in a variety of shapes and material types, and are perfect for creating custom tie-down straps and cables. They can be used to strap around beams, large rolls of carpet, and much more.
If you don't see the D-ring tie-downs you need here, call our Sales Team at 888-794-0778 and we will do our best to get you exactly what you want, when you need it.
D-rings also come integrated into E-Track fittings
, and a D-ring strap system works well as a rope tie-off in a trailer or bed of a truck.
D-Ring Material Types
D-rings can be made from a variety of metals for different strengths, corrosion resistance, and application methods.
- Forged Steel D-Rings - ideal for the heaviest loads due to their strength and durability. Break strengths up to 47,000 pounds are possible with forged steel D-rings. Because they are unfinished, these D-rings can be firmly welded in place rather than bolted on. However, they do not have the corrosion protection that stainless steel and zinc plated D-rings offer.
- Stainless Steel D-Rings - less strong compared to forged steel, however they offer superior rust and corrosion protection. Ideal for application areas that are frequently exposed to water or salt. Most stainless steel D-rings come with pre-drilled holes as they cannot be welded
- Zinc Plated D-Rings - these D-rings often have the strength of forged steel D-rings with an anti-corrosive layer similar to that of stainless steel D-rings. Most zinc D-rings come with pre-drilled holes as they cannot be welded.
Give our sales team a call toll-free at 888-794-0778. We’d be happy to answer any questions you have about D-ring products, uses, custom orders, and more.