Polyester Round Slings
A polyester round sling is a versatile, convenient, and cost-effective way to lift a variety of cargo. Manufactured in the USA from a continuous loop of polyester yarn, round slings are covered with a durable polyester fabric that is color-coded by capacity. Benefits of polyester round lifting slings
- Pliable. The flexible, pliable design of a round sling allows it to adjust to the contours and hug a load better than other types of lifting slings.
- Low stretch value. The round sling polyester fabric has less stretch than a nylon lifting sling, which prevents the sling from locking up on the load when used in a choker hitch.
- Durable. Polyester offers exceptional resistance to mildew and rot since it won’t absorb water. Because the jacket surrounds the sling, it keeps dirt, grease, oil, abrasions, and UV degradation from compromising the load-bearing core. The jacket also offers protection to the load from scratches, marring, etc.
- Convenience. The lightweight design of a nylon lift sling makes it extremely easy to handle and store when not in use.
- Strength. Because polyester roundslings are manufactured using a continuous strand of polyester fiber, it creates exceptional strength.
- Economical. When compared to a similarly-styled sling in chain or wire rope, a sling in lightweight polyester is extremely cost efficient.
- Versatile. Both eye & eye and endless round slings can be used in vertical, choker, or basket hitches, so they’re ideal for a wide variety of applications.
- Color coded jacket. Round slings are manufactured with a colored fabric jacket based on the weight capacities of the sling. This makes it easy to recognize the weight ratings at a glance. Each sling also has identification tags to indicate size, type, and capacity.
Types of polyester round slings
- Endless. A round sling in an endless design is simply one large “endless” loop. A benefit of an endless round sling design is that the wear points can be adjusted with each use, to extend the working life of the sling.
- Eye & Eye. Eye & eye lift slings are created by attaching a wear pad to both sides of the sling, to create loop eyes on each end.
Differences between an endless round sling and an eye & eye sling
Endless round slings and eye & eye round slings are extremely similar, with identical rated capacities, the ability to use in all sling types, and the same standard color coded jacket system.
An endless sling will have a slightly longer life due to the fact that the point of contact can be rotated with each use.
How to measure
A polyester roundsling is measured from sling tip to tip when laid in a flat position. It should not be measured by circumference.
It’s also important to note that the round sling diameter refers to the thickness of the core polyester rope, not the fabric jacket cover.
Custom round slings
If you don’t see the size you’re looking for, let us know. Custom lifting slings are always an option at US Cargo Control. Nylon slings in a variety of styles are also available.
Sling proof testing certificates
Proof testing certificates are available for a nominal fee and must be requested at the time of ordering. Testing is performed in the factory where the sling is pull tested to 2x the vertical rating and officially recorded as proof for governing bodies. Because only random slings are tested during production, a request must be made prior to manufacturing.
We’re here to help
Have questions? Give our sales team a call today at 866-444-9990. One of our team members will be happy to help with answers, or to place your order for you.